Friday, November 8, 2013

Chinmuladri, Chitradurga, Childhood - This Diwali Special!

Oh Boy! the three Cs! Chimnuladri National High School, Chitradurga where I spent my most exciting years of Childhood! I am sharing a brief story of how I spent the last 2 days of Diwali vacation!

I decided to visit Chitradurga after 13 years, to visit my best friend from childhood, spend some time with him, talking, go back to school days' memories and drive back to Hyderabad.

It was a drive I never imagined can get so exciting. The 200 km from Bangalore to Chitradurga was a breeze, one of the best roads ever. Then meeting Dr. Sree Harsha, my bestest pal, one of my oldest friend, and his family was a blessing from God!

We roamed the roads of Chitradurga after meeting Harsha's family. Talking to Harsha has been so soothing, so calming, so pleasant, I have no doubt he makes an amazing Doctor. I enjoyed being with him, he took me to CNHS, a small government school where I have a huge book of memories, memories of fun, friendship and freedom!

Meeting all my teachers, who still recognized, loved and embraced our visit.  Treated us with a lot of grace and respect. The whole Aura of the school, to have studied there made me feel ecstatic. Its a small school at the end of the village, and our school uniform was a white shirt, a blue pant and hawai chappal!

Nothing much had changed but the school had started mid-day meals. Then the fees was about 600 rupees for a whole year, now its 700. That's it.
 I can relate to some posh school in a metro city, where the teachers would not be so down to earth, so humble and welcoming. They got us coffee and remembered our school days. We spoke in length about a lot of things before I bid adieu to them.
I also ate the Tomato masala made by Maulana near the school gate. He is a small shop vendor, sells some amazing snacks. Years have passed, but the taste was still the same. 

Then we had to drive via Hospet, Gangawati, Sindhnur, Manvi, Raichur, Mehboobnagar to finally reach Hyderabad. Pachu, my little brother was driving very carefully on the bumpy road while I took a nap in the car. We exchanged the wheel frequently to avoid fatigue and tiredness.

While driving from Hospet, on the way, near a place called Gangawati (I think), I came across something which I am not able to forget.

 Which is probably why I am returning back to the spectacle of a nice vacation, and every now and then frequenting that one incident that happened on the way back. That incident is the reason why I am perhaps compelled to write this blog.

 On the highway, I saw two men. I felt very bad looking at one of the men, young and strong, looked a son, holding the neck of his drunk father, the other man, on a cold night, pushing him on the street, dragging him home, in a violent way. The father was all wet and muddy, porbably he had fallen in a water hole or something, my heart just melted, thinking what could have been going through the old man's mind. Its his own son, whom he had raised, through all the hard ships, who was a kid not so very long ago, playing in his laps, whom he loves so much is dragging him today on the middle of the road! i couldn't do anything! but I have no clue why, but I still keep thinking about that incident. I feel very sorry for him, i pray it all gets better! addiction could have been his mistake but he or nobody deserves a violent inhuman treatment for any reason. I wish I could gather enough strength to help such troubled people, I know I will soon.

I am back to work now with a whole new perspective! But found out that my best office buddy, Rajat, has gone to Lucknow due to a family emergency, a demise of someone very close to him, dented a hole in my chest. Everyday, as I see his empty seat, I feel terrible for him, I feel very sorry.

Every year, Diwali has been very special to me. Ounces of learning, bounces of life, a trillion rockets of thoughts in my head, flower pots of learning, and yes, the dhamaka of bombs has kept me longing... Happy Diwali to everyone.

Below are some of the pics from my school





1 comment:

Thank you.